Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Learning to Love Being Alone

First off I want to say SORRY!!! It has been a time consuming few weeks and I know that I have left you all stranded. Now to the task at hand:

I must admit that I have been suffering from the ever so present Loneliness that goes along with being single. Each day I have to struggle to keep myself from settling for less, just to feel the warmth of companionship. Ladies it is not easy and I know many of you are aware of this. Tossing and turning at night, trying to absorb warmth and comfort from cuddling your pillow is becoming less and less satisfying, I KNOW THE FEELING. But I have to tell it like it was told, this time by Pastor John K. Jenkins of The First Baptist Church of Glenarden. He mentioned the fact that sometimes we as women will accept anything from a man just to say that we have one. This is not only sad but also alarmingly true.

It is time for us to raise the bar and realize that we have more to offer than the skill of satisfying sexual desires. For once lets look at our ability to be amazing mothers, wives, and business women. It is this that will carry us to the opportunity to be warmed by the comfort of a man instead of the chill of our own pillow.

NO DOUBT you will have desperate times, for example recently I even resorted to calling my successful male associates to ask them where I could find the intelligent successful black men... As you can imagine I got a variety of answers, one even offered his self as an option and of course I fell into the trap... I know I know... shame shame shame... but loneliness is a BEAST and society supports it's hunger by telling us that we should have someone and if we don't we are missing out. While we are programmed to accept this notion we also know that we should not settle. Here is where the internal battle starts. Do I settle with a man or do I not and end up holding onto my pillow for God knows how long.

Well I say you load your bed with heavy comforters, drink some hot tea, and shove a heating pack into your pillow, and call it a night because anything worth having is worth waiting for. Be steadfast and hold on for the right man ladies, protect your assets like they are all you have. Because they are all you have and if every man is privy to them then the will not be worth nearly as much.When the urge comes call a friend, a girl friend that is and talk through it so that you never settle for Mr. Right Now.

It is also important to get to know you, on your own with out the influences of another. The time that we spend alone is at time the most revealing and pure of all encounters. It is these occasion that help us to build our self concept and allow us to become better for not only ourselves but also for the ones that are right for us.... as a wise old woman used to say if you can't be alone with yourself what makes you think anyone else will...



Ladies if you know that you are settling, get the heating pads ready, grab a romance novel, and have a good nights sleep tonight ALONE!



Struggling By Your Side,



Ms. Thang

No comments:

Post a Comment