Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ladies Why in The World Do We Do It to Ourselves???

   While having a conversation with my sister today she asked me a question that sent my mind into over drive.  "Why do women go on dates with guys that we have no interest in?"  Ok let's think about this one.  We fuss over what we are going to wear, trying to find the best outfit (so that we can capture their attention), we spend time tediously mulling over our hair, make up, and nails just so that we can be irritated the whole night every time he makes a move on us.  Now I must admit I have been the culprit of this many times. But I just can't pin point the  exact reason so I asked around and this is what I got:

Boredom: It always seems like the guy that I don't want to date is the one who ask me on a date when I'm at boredom's peak.  So of course I agree.  Though I am always tempted to pull out on the day of the date I go due to feeling like it's my moral obligation (This seems to be my number one reason).

Hunger:  Some women just want a free meal and see the guy as a way to get a good eat on someone Else's budget.  (It is true that I have a pallet that is not always satisfied by my own pocket's ability so I have to plead guilty to this one too.)

Getting Ahead:  Women have joined the professional ranks with men and we use everything we can to get ahead of them.  Our sex appeal is with out a doubt one of their weaknesses and if we know that man has some experience or con
tacts in the field we want to be in we do what we have to do to get our foot in the door. (Like the time I had lunch with this cheesy, egotistical resident when I thought I wanted to go to medical school)

Ego Boosting:  Maybe it's just the thrill of turning him down or knowing in you mind that he never has a chance.  Just the opportunity to leave him standing on your door step with the door shut just when he gets ready for the good night kiss. (I plead the 5th LMAO)

There are plenty reasons that we as women suffer through hours of agony with the guys who we know just aren't for us.  Even in knowing we do it early, we do it late, and we do it often.  I wonder if the time we spend with Mr. Wrong is stopping us from meeting Mr. Right (or at least Mr. Right Now) or if it even matters.  

Next time you go out with a guy you aren't interested in ask yourself why.... "Why am I wasting my time, or am I?" 

Help Me get to the bottom of this one ladies....

Wondering Why,

Ms. Thang

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that these are all true. Women Women Women. We are all definately rare beings...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gurl dating is fun! It doesn't matter if you are interested or not it usually takes up time that you would have spent doing a bunch of nothing anyway....and you may get free meals, drinks, and movie out of it. So I ask why not date?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete